Here’s the scoop on the best ice cream in the Lafayette area
- Looking for your classic ice cream parlor? Silver Dipper is your place. They carry any and every ice cream flavor your heart desires. Choose from the classic waffle cone or a chocolate chip cookie cup, and pile on the toppings. If you cannot choose just one flavor, you can get 3 mini scoops for the price of one normal scoop! Looking for a challenge?! The Mini Monster challenge is all 41 mini scoops of every flavor of ice cream. Head down the hill to Silver Dipper to see if you can do it.
Cold Stone Creamery
- Cold Stone may have less options than Silver Dipper flavor wise, but provide the option to choose a signature creation or a custom creation. The ice cream scoopers literally crush and mix in whatever you want. Oreos? Done. M&Ms? Easy. Bananas? Say no more! Cold Stone Creamery is the loyal best friend you always need.
- Yes, I know Triple XXX is not specifically an ice cream place. Yet, have you had their root beer floats made with Triple XXX Root Beer? What about their hand dipped milkshakes? Get a side of fries and a Duane Purvis burger to satisfy all your cravings!
- If ice cream is not your thing, how about frozen yogurt? Red Mango is a self serve frozen yogurt parlor! Choose from dairy-free and some sugar free yogurts and a plethora of toppings! Their smoothies are to die for. Granite residents can use their Bananefits to get discounts on their order.
Original Frozen Custard
- This place is the original frozen treat parlor. My mom even went here when she was a Purdue student. This family owned stand opened in 1932, and is a classic stop for all Lafayette residents. Get a Dirt Sundae or Banana Split on a summer evening and enjoy the Lafayette history.
- Insomnia has more than just cookies! Did you know you can get an ice cream sandwich with your fresh baked cookies? Also, you can use your Bananefits to get a discount at Insomnia! Don’t sleep on these deals.